Welcome to the Dumfries Cycling Club web-site.
We are a long established club of over 60 members whose activities range through road racing, sportives, audax, reliability rides and time trialling. Beginning in the Spring, the club organise a full calendar of time trials and road races. Many of our members participate in sportives and are happy to share travelling to these events. You are welcome to join us for our regular club runs (usually between 40 - 50 miles) on a Saturday morning where all abilities are catered for. Routes are set in advance and displayed on this web-site with updates and advance notices on the Dumfries CC Forum.
During the winter months we organise longer Winter Runs. Check this site and our forum for details.
| News - updated Wednesday 22nd May 2013
- This year's Solway Sportive was a big success. Well done to everyone who took part and thanks to everyone who helped out with the event. The event results are available on the Solway Sportive / Results 2013 page of this site. Photographs can be found at SportivePhoto.com.
- Next Wednesday's (22/5) TLI road race has been cancelled. As an alternative to the event, there will be a training run for DCC members on Wednesday evening. This will follow the course that the race would have taken, starting out from Park Farm. Meet 630pm, Wednesday 22nd May, Park Farm. All club members are encouraged to turn up for the ride. See the DCC Forum for more details.
- Results and an updated 10 mile league table can be found on the Race / TT Results 2013 page of this site following Wednesday's Lockerbie TT (15/05).
- The long route of next week's Solway Sportive has been updated to feature a diversion off the Military Road just before Milton. This takes riders down towards Kirkgunzeon, onwards towards Beeswing and then back up to Lochfoot. See the Solway Sportive page of this site for more details. The diversion will be fully signposted and has been introduced to avoid roadworks.
- An updated 2013 Dumfries CC events list is now available on our Race / TT page. Please note the days that you are down to help with events as this has been reworked to account for people no longer taking part in the events.
- Alec Barclay is looking to assemble a fresh order with Endura for club kit. Can you please get in touch with Alec if there is anything that you would like to buy. Please bear in mind that the orders do take a little while to come through so it may be worth considering your requirements for next winter. Alec will publish his current stock list on the DCC forum in the near future.
- Speed training sessions are each Monday through the summer. Meet at Halfords car park at 6pm on Monday. As with last year, depending on numbers and fitness levels, we will break into groups. We have had a good turnout so far this year enabling three groups to be formed.
- Entries are now open for the Solway Sportive through SiEntries. Alternatively, an entry form can be printed form the DCC Solway Sportive page and posted in to Betty Howard, the event organiser.
- The local Scripture Union are organising a TLI race on June 27th called the Kingholm Dash. For details of this event, see the TLI web-site.